Sunday, May 5, 2013

New works, same directions!

Hello readers!!
   It makes me happy to know that people are actually reading my blog! And for that I thank you! When I first Started blogging, I was kind of scared when I saw that people were reading what I was writing!
   Anywhoo, I pulled work out of the kiln on Friday morning! I was as you know getting ready for the Studio Tour exhibit, which you will be happy to know I got my work in on time!! So, I pulled work out of the kiln at around 7 or so in the morning, and I was overcome with joy! The work that I had in the kiln came out perfectly!! I was smiling for hours afterwords. While I had a lot of gluing to do I was still really happy!
This is one of the jems that came out of the kiln the other day. Along with two domed vases at the top! I added the knotted balls of clay. 
These little babies also came out the kiln! They are so freaking cute!!! The inside is a really deep yellow, they should look really nice with flowers in them! 
This piece is the biggest wall platter I think I will ever make! I would like to make another one at another time. I might not have one in time for this upcoming Studio Tour, perhaps December!? We will see. 
  Anyways if you haven't already followed me on twitter please be sure to do so @triaturrougirl and like me on Facebook/triaturroustudios
  And as always thank you for reading and stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment